Whereas TikTok turned often called a Gen Z dance problem platform, TikTok has grown to embody all varieties of content material and communities. In truth, with options like in-app purchases, stay streaming, and branded hashtag challenges, it is now an important instrument for manufacturers wanting to join instantly with clients. (It is good to lastly give you the option to schedule posts on TikTok.)
As you develop your TikTok advertising and marketing technique for 2023, maintain TikTok’s key statistics in thoughts.
Common statistics of TikTok
Since its launch in 2016, TikTok has skyrocketed into the app area to seize the hearts, minds and screens of social media customers, garnering severe numbers like 3 billion downloads (together with 672 million downloads in 2022 alone) and 50 million lively customers each day.
Listed below are some extra fascinating TikTok statistics in regards to the app, which is now the sixth hottest social media platform in the world.
- Nevertheless, whenever you rank apps by longest utilization time, TikTok strikes up the charts a bit, coming in at quantity 5. In different phrases: TikTok could have fewer customers than Instagram, however it seems to be extra enticing.
- TikTok customers spend 22.9 hours monthly on the app; Youtube has a barely greater price of 23.4 hours monthly.
TikTok consumer statistics
You most likely have a broad image of who the typical TikTok consumer is, however the reality is that not each one of many billion lively customers worldwide is a Billie Eilish impersonator.
The app options individuals from all generations utilizing TikTok’s enjoyable and easy modifying instruments to put up movies about the whole lot from dance traits to monetary recommendation (for higher or worse) to activism.
These are additionally the people who find themselves in partaking with manufacturers and making severe purchases… so if what you are promoting is on ‘Tok’, it is time to get to know (and love) your viewers.
- TikTok not too long ago crossed an enormous milestone: 1 billion lively customers worldwide. That is 18% of Web customers worldwide.
- Whereas TikTok could have a fame as a teen, a whopping 24% of its world viewers is made up of 18- to 24-year-old girls. Males of this age group make up one other 18%.
- 31% of TikTok’s viewers falls into the 25-34 age group.
- However TikTok customers aren’t unique customers of the app — in truth, solely 0.1% of TikTok customers solely use TikTok. 83.4% additionally use Fb, 81% additionally use Instagram, and 77% additionally use Youtube. The least doubtless match is Reddit — solely 16.7% of TikTok customers are regulars there.
- Nevertheless, among the many youthful demographic that singles out the feminine class, this quantity is greater, with 11.3% of this group naming TikTok as their favourite.
- Solely 6.6% of customers in this age group say TikTok is their favourite platform, preferring Instagram, Whatsapp, Fb and WeChat.
TikTok utilization statistics
Figuring out who makes use of TikTok is vital for entrepreneurs, however so is knowing as they use it. Whereas TikTok could have initially been created as a lip-syncing app, its options have advanced past anybody’s creativeness.
Now it is an leisure hub and academic instrument the place customers flock to discover, get info, store and giggle. (And, sure, singing and dancing are nonetheless as standard right here as ever.)
Communities discover one another right here — hi there #witchtok! — and new languages are created. Sure, you may technically describe TikTok as a brief video platform (and we positively did earlier in this story), however the reality is that it is also a strong social connection and communication instrument.
- By way of whole utilization time, TikTok ranks fifth (behind Youtube, Fb, WhatsApp and Google Chrome).
- In accordance to Pew Analysis, 16% of teenagers say they use TikTok “virtually on a regular basis” (19% say the identical about YouTube).
TikTok for enterprise statistics
If you happen to’re not utilizing TikTok for enterprise but, you are making a mistake, my good friend.
Given the truth that billions of individuals of all ages are actively utilizing the app, likelihood is you may discover your viewers right here. TikTokers actively seek for product suggestions and critiques, craving content material from their favourite manufacturers.
Whereas it’s true that not each social platform is appropriate for each target market, the enterprise alternatives right here on TikTok are too wealthy to no less than discover. And you do not have to be on-line all day—now which you can schedule TikToks, it is simpler than ever to take part in this digital enterprise growth when it is handy for you. Learn TikTok enterprise statistics which will encourage you to brush up in your video modifying abilities.
- TikTok’s potential advert attain is 945.2 million (amongst customers aged 18+).
- This 14.6% enhance in advert attain (121 million) from 2021 is a rising promoting platform.
- On TikTok, you may discover that your advert viewers is disproportionately feminine: 53.1% to be precise.
- If you happen to’re wanting to attain millennials and Gen Z, it is a unbelievable place to do it. 36.9% of TikTok’s promoting viewers is made up of ladies aged 18 to 34; 32.8% of males in this precious demo.
- But when your target market is older, you may additionally discover Gen X and Boomers on TikTok. 30.4% of Tiktok’s promoting viewers is aged 35+, together with 5.5% in the 55+ class.
- Within the US, TikTok’s potential advert attain is 109,538,000. Brazil is the subsequent largest advert attain market (76 million+), adopted by Indonesia (69+) and Russia (57+).
- 92% of customers have been impressed to take motion after watching a TikTok video, no matter whether or not they visited an advertiser’s web site, entered a contest, or made a purchase order.
- No surprise TikTok is valued at $443.48 billion in 2022.
- TikTok creator Khabane Lame is probably the most adopted creator on TikTok, with 152 million followers as of November 2022. (Charlie D’Amelio is No. 2 with 149 million).
- 41% of TikTok customers say that “feeling good” is a key issue in motivating them to make a purchase order.
- Millennial TikTok customers love manufacturers: they’re 2.3 occasions extra doubtless to put up and tag a model than different platforms.
- Collaboration with authors is paying off: promoting with authors on TikTok contributed to a 26% enhance in model loyalty amongst customers.
That is it: the chilly, onerous numbers behind the preferred app in city. Now that you just’re armed with these highly effective TikTok statistics, you are most likely keen to get began in your TikTok enterprise technique. We have you lined with tutorials, the newest TikTok updates, and the TikTok planning instrument you have been dreaming of.
Watch this video to learn the way to schedule TikTok posts for what you are promoting in your telephone utilizing Hootsuite.
Develop your presence on TikTok together with different social channels with Hootsuite. Schedule and put up at the most effective occasions, interact your viewers, and measure efficiency—all from one handy dashboard. Attempt it totally free at the moment.
Develop sooner on TikTok with Hootsuite
Schedule posts, be taught analytics, and reply to feedback all in one place.